Monday, January 12, 2009

Galley or Cabin


I was upgraded from my standby to KTM, Kathmandu which is expected because many crew are getting sick from weather changes or for something else.

So when I checked the roster, okay, 3rd in seniority only in staff no. ( I don't want to use that word!)
because many are taking advantage of that superficial word, hello you are 21 and I'm what? a decade older so have respect! Just kidding!

By the way, high-way so, I was kinda relax given that my pick-up that day was 1110H but when I called "transpo", they said 1120H is my pick-up, fine but Hey, it's 1137H and the pick-up is still in the loop, well, to cut the long story short, I got stressed because I am late & I hate being late, period! Grrrrrrr!

Luckily, all of us were late, Har Har Har

So, the briefing questions came, it went okay and finally C/M Nohuzk gave the position, Ebora- R4. Whuwhatttt?

But I'm only freaking at the back of my head, yet still maintaining my composure, thank you I said. After 14 months of putting me in LR3 or Duty Free, now I will take the galley... I'm excited and nervous, why? Because I want my cabin operators feel that they are well taken care of. All of a sudden, all the great galley operators from my previous airlines and here in EY came to me but God, all of them are coming & I don't know which one to infuse in my system because it's been a long time since I have that position.

I took a deep breath and told myself like in the deodorant t.v commercial " Kaya Ko To ( I can do it! )" with my hand clasping... Ha Ha Ha

I move fast but I need to concentrate and be efficient and effective, fast is just being fast but being effective and efficient are both different character. So I reassured myself while counting the meal carts, the frozen foods and all. This is it!

I was lucky that most of the crew I'll flew with were trained well, they know what to do, no attitude, willing to help and assist and funny. So a 3 1/2 hours flight and 5 hours coming in and out of KTM seems like 30 minutes only. I enjoyed every minute, I didn't eat well, I let them finished eating, like a dear mother-goose. And should I say thank's to the wonderful galley operators I flew with which served as my inspiration of becoming one like you, hopefully.

Everyday is a learning experience and for sure, my experience today will serve as a "post it" day.

No comments: