Friday, April 03, 2009

From Guilty Pleasures To Guilt


Recession is really here and it seems that every bills and family expenses are queuing up and my list became all PRIORITY (in bold,all caps in red).

Whyyyyyy? Well, as they say, life is like a wheel, one time you'll be top, now you need to be in the bottom. (It's not what you think!) Anyway, high-way.

I'm diverting my guilty pleasures especially Louis Vuitton to a more cheaper thrills, window shopping and day dreaming. If I may quote Sean;

" Recession changes the way people shop. From guilty pleasures, it became "GUILT". Shopping used to be fun and a way to relieve stress and now it's a SIN. Psychologist says that splurging is OUT and self-denial is IN.But buying something cheap is just fine. "

So, the line that JAM always throw on me whenever I indulge with this stuff. "Kelangan mo ba talaga yan?" (Do you really need that?) And all I can give is a big, deep and sad Sigh. And I will not visit any shops I like.

Just like yesterday, I went to ZARA and it seems I missed so much stuff, every Wednesday, (SHHHH!) new items are released and I am a bit too late. So I said to myself, I will definitely miss all the nice stuff here, especially the shoes and shirts.

Well, until the crisis ends, or will it really end? I need to really tighten my belt!

I'm just staring at my old walls, repainting is in progress. It's been a year and I enjoyed the Olive green and Addidas black stripes on my room. But I am hoping for a brandnew room...

Until Then...

Ciao Ciao De Carabao



No comments: