Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Planet Cafe Rush


I was too lazy to get up this morning, just watched big brother uber and up late and some crazy and sentimental tv commercial over youtube when Tata confirmed about our " siesta " in Planet Cafe.

5 minutes to prepare, so I jumped as usual from my bed and straight to my 3x3 shower cubicle, that's how small my toilet and bath.grrr! anyhow, I managed to put my overall and literally ran towards Salama St. cor. Hamdan to meet my dear friend.

We usually hang out there to de-stress, chitchat and watch arabic music video via MTV arabia or M. Eat my favorite Chocolate and Banana Crepe for about $5 and Shisha ( mint with grapes flavour ) for Tata around $9, not bad, and we can stay there as long as we want. Ryan came for a surprise visit too!


The food is basically affordable, ranging from $3 to $20, from sandwiches, pasta, shakes, salads, pastries and main course, mostly Arabic, Italian and American.

There is smoking and non smoking area where comfortable sofa and table and chair are available to your desire. There's WIFI too!


The crowd is mixed. From mid-upper class locals and expats. Arab and Filipino servers are there to assist you too!




Planet Café is a place where men in suits wield packs of Marlboros like badges of honour and gabble business behind the clouds of smoke that billow from their lips. There’s a separate shisha area and yet there’s not a no smoking section – meaning you leave rather hoarser than when you entered. This is a shame because looks-wise this is a decent little café. The cool stone interior makes it something of an oasis and it clearly wins the local vote judging by how full it gets – a central city location doesn’t hurt, either.



I like the ambiance of the place, the wallpaper is victorian and the chairs are modern. Everytime we go there, I feel relax and happy!

It's located in Al Markaziyah Near Etihad Bldg. Salama Behind the Big Mosque in Hamdan Street near RBS Bank Building. You'll never miss the signage.

Opens from 0800 to 0100AM daily.



I LVoe!

No comments: