Sunday, May 23, 2010

Samantha Harris : Fresh Face On Vogue Australia



19 years old; Height: 5’ 10.5” - 178cm I Bust: 33 I Waist: 24” - 61cm I Hips: 35’ - 89cm I Shoes: 9½ I Dress: 8 I Eye Colour: Brown I Hair Colour: Brown









Samantha was just out for shopping at Queensland's gold coast when a Chic Management agent spotted her, the rest afterwards is history. She is the second Aboriginal model to be featured in Vogue magazine following the footsteps of Elaine George in 1993.

Her mom is Aborigines and her dad is German. 

In March she appeared in Vogue Australia, modelling the Italian brand Miu Miu. Putting her on the cover, according to the editor, Kirstie Clements, was not a political statement, but based on the "the simple fact that she is really beautiful". Ms Clements agreed that the fashion industry had been slow to embrace Aboriginal models.

The French photographer Patrick Demarchelier flew Ms Harris to New York last year for a half-day shoot for the US fashion bible Glamour magazine. The Italian fashion houses Prada and Balenciaga are reportedly courting her. Her mother said: "I never dreamed Australia would embrace an Aboriginal model."

I wish the same luck for our fellow Aetas in the Philippines.

Well goodluck Samantha!

I LVoe!

source: chicmanagement|vogueaus

1 comment:

David said...

She is perfect