Thursday, August 04, 2011

ASOS | Breton Tops


I'm always fascinated with stripes, especially blue ones. If you'll open my closet, you will find blue stripes of all kind. I remember when H&M had its Breton tops collection, I hoarded till I literally dropped, especially when the shirts went on SALE for only $2 each! It was heaven!


And now that ASOS is paying tribute to the history of this shirt, lets go back and take a second look how this shirt came to existence...


BRENTON TOPS






is a Sailor-made for French seamen dated 1858 and adopted by navies the world over, the iconic tops have come in-land for good this season.






Unashamedly nautical in essence, the Brenton T-Shirt has always had a loyal following, including me. But now, more than ever before, us land-lubbers are getting in on the act, taking them away from Captain Birdseye cliche and towards a cleaner, Scandinavian-influenced look, forming a srtorially strong partnership with sandy chinos and spring derbies. But no matter your style is, its a classic, making it the most accessible of wardrobe updates.






I LVoe!


source: asos

No comments: