Sunday, February 21, 2010

i Survived Cairo

Yesterday was my first day at work for a week jammed roster. Cairo|Bangkok|Istanbul|Riyadh|Off|Jakarta.

Sometimes, even if you prepare yourself that it will be a good day, some inconvenience might come up?

I was already down my building waiting for my pickup at around 1013H (GMT+04| AUH), I waited, waited and waited. I called transport and the Indian in-charge said " Bus will come 1025H " Ah okay so I was early! I decided to BBM some friends and was hooked until I saw my watch, it was 1035H already, I called them again, " Bus is coming, now in Salama! Coming! " Fine! though I'm stress already! The bus came 1041H! I was pissed! But still composed! Smiling fake to my old-Keralan Driver!

He passed through the new road|highway going to the airport, no radar yet so cars are literally drifting through the endless road! But our driver was driving a turtle! Literally we were crawling, I saw 1 bus of Etihad just passed by us and he was still calm as the wind! I was furious!

He was driving 70 kph to 85! Grrrrrr! I can't listen to my 2EN1 songs anymore because I kept looking at my watch!

Finally, we reached EY Plaza in Al Braj at around 1120H! And I bursted when he said, he will still wait for another 10 minutes? I said what? I called SDO and talked with a senior crew and told him about the situation. He said, "no worries dear, reporting's 1155H. It was a relief! But nonetheless, I was stressed already! What's the purpose of setting a pick-up time when there's no consistency of the correct timings for pickup right? Anyway!

I went straight to the briefing room, No.2, Veorica (the Romanian Cabin Manager) was there, with Malou, Zuzana from Slovakia who literally looks like Radha Mitchell of Pitchblack|Surrogates|Silent Hill and Ehlan, our junior Cabin senior hehehe from Jordan who doesn't look Arabic at all, he is blonde with blue eyes & he is a diva, very nice and a great team leader.



Cairo flight as expected is challenging. We survived with a couple of mishaps but at the end of the flight all were resolved with no guests complaining! Choices were all meat, Fish|Chicken|Lamb, how's that for a 4 hour flight! I wish 428|472 will be like that too!

I just hope that all long layovers will have a very good & hardworking team not only for short turnarounds!

Well, tonite is another flight adventure. Bangkok!



'

or pingpong show anyone?



Krubkupkap

I LVoe!

No comments: