Monday, August 01, 2011

Ramadan Kareem



Ramadan Kareem to all my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters. Today starts the holy month for the Islam community and for me, I will start my fasting also for world peace (hmmm, for real?) and two special intentions.

It's really difficult to fast, especially if you're a catholic where we indulge in all sinful activities and perhaps most of us doesn't care to our religious aspects like them, One day of fasting for us is brutal, what more if it's one month. But I have been in the United Arab Emirates for almost 5 years and believe you me, changes are there, actually everywhere. And if you have a strong will and faith, anybody can do it.

I tried to stuff lots of food in my tummy last night which I think won't last for long but hey, its worth the try right? It's the thought that counts right?... I will try my best to fast, really!


The only bad thing about fasting is when I'm working, as a flight attendant, we do serve food, drinks and especially alcohol. And for this month, I have all long haul and ultra-long haul flights where food is overflowing, so this will really test my strength!...






Well seven more hours to go and its IFTAR (breaking of fast) its FAST!


I LVoe!



No comments: