Monday, March 22, 2010

Boat Shoes?

2010 GQ's Spring must haves... Oh well, why it is called "Boat shoes"? Hmmm. It looks like a boat? 


Answer according to wise geek:






"Boat shoes also known as deck shoes or top siders, have been a popular casual footwear for men for decades. The original design inspiration for modern boat shoes was probably the Indian Moccasin, with its water-resistant hide, low profile and side lacing. Originally, boat shoes were worn while walking on the slippery deck of a boat. The leather uppers are treated with water repellent oil and special non-skid rubber sole that adds traction. The low profile, similar to that of a slipper or loafer makes it easier to get in and out of boat shoes quickly. "

Ahhh! And just yesterday when I visited ZARA, I found another boat shoes that fits me perfectly! I'm uber happy!


I LVoe!boat

No comments: